.

.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Socializing


Looking back, I think I've made quite a bit of progress from my humble beginnings as a little immigrant kid growing up in Kansas. I've travelled and seen beautiful places, educated myself, and hopefully have made a positive impact in some people's lives. But socially, I'm still as awkward and retarded as I was in highschool.

I sit down and open up Blogger and a bazillion funny and interesting stories and thoughts come pouring out of my head so fast that I usually end up losing 95% of them before I have a chance to put it down on paper to share later. But I go to a party and all I can do is stand there in a circle with my other socially retarded friends and just stare at my bottle of beer as my mind draws a complete blank.

But then after 4 out of the 6 of us move on to another group of people, and it's just me and another friend of mine, my brain kickstarts itself to ludicrous speed and I'm telling jokes and funny stories like I'm Larry the Cable Guy.

So then people start to gather around us to see what the hell is so funny, and then I run out of ideas and I'm quiet and boring and socially defunct again.

Rinse.
Lather.
Repeat.