.

.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Chance

It appears that over the past several months, I've been winning just about every kind of European lottery available. My inbox has been flooded with one important official after another trying to get in touch with me to help me claim my millions. Between these lottery winnings and all the recently widowed Nigerian women trying to unload their wealth on me, I don't know what possesses me to keep working.

Anyway, hoping that this lucky streak will carry on over, I bought a single lottery ticket for the Powerball. The jackpot is for millions and millions of dollars! I'm no different than your average American and completely unable to resist the temptation of getting rich overnight for doing absolutely nothing, so I got suckered into buying a ticket.

Given the extremely feeble odds, I could have found a better use for that dollar. But a dollar is a small price to pay for a Saturday afternoon filled with daydreams about what to do with all that money and wondering just exactly how I plan to tell my boss I going to quit.