.

.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine

Nathalie: [cleaning the stove] I always tell you "I love you".

Me: [washing dishes] I know.

Nathalie: When we hang up on the phone. When we say bye at the door. When we go to sleep.

Me: I know.

Nathalie: I tell you "I love you" a lot. Many times during the day.

Me: I know.

Nathalie: ...

That, would be my unspoken cue for me to tell Nathalie "I love you". But being the mischievous pain in the ass that I am, I don't. Instead, I launch into a rambling discourse about nothing.

Me: You know that story about the boy that cries "Wolf"? After a while, nobody believes him. So if I tell you I love you all the time you may stop believing me. Then where will I be? So it's best that I ration it out and parcel out those "I love yous" for key, critical times...

Nathalie: [gives me the look] ...

Me: ...Like now!


* * *


Happy Valentine's Day Natbug!
I love you.
Uh...
Lots!

I know my actions speak louder than words, and I know that you know that I love you, but I also know it's nice to hear it once in a while.

To the best thing that has ever happened to me,
the beautiful girl that claims me as hers;
To the girl that I want to grow old with,
to laugh with me, cry with me, and be with me;
May you never know anything but happiness and comfort
as my heart embraces you with deep, adoring love.

I love you Natbug! Happy Valentine's Day!