.

.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bodysnatcher

As routine, the first thing I do when I get to my office at work is to turn on the computer. The first 15 to 20 minutes of my work day is devoted to brainless internet surfing while I continuously wonder how I ended up choosing a job where I have to be at work by 6 AM.

Given that my computer's speakers have never been functional, I was a bit surprised to hear the Microsoft Window chime coming from it. Simultaneously I saw amongst the mountain of accumulated paperwork on my desk a memo left by the IT tech saying that they installed and setup a new computer. Sure enough, a new computer is sitting next to my desk.

I'm a bit stumped because I don't know why my old computer was replaced. I definitely didn't put in a request. And it takes a near miracle to get administration to approve of getting a new computer. So finding out that my computer was upgraded without a month's worth of begging, completing pages and pages of paperwork, or simply any work on my part makes me suspicious. I guess Big Brother is going through my harddrive looking for contraband.

Well, it's a good thing I never kept any sensitive info on that computer. I wonder what else has been changed since I've been away?