.

.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Cede

Asparagus reminds me of a joke I heard when I was little about two explorers that were captured by cannibals. They pleaded all sorts of ways to be released, but to no avail. The explorers were told that they would be killed and their skin used to make canoes. And sure enough, they killed one guy and used his skin to make a canoe. The second guy begged the cannibals to give him one last wish, and asked if they would get him a fork from his backpack. The cannibals grudgingly complied and gave him a fork. To which he started stabbing himself screaming, "Screw your canoe! Screw your canoe!"

OK, so I didn't retell the joke very well, but you get my point. Asparagus isn't going down without a fight. Sure, you may eat it tonight. But it will avenge its death and haunt you with it's funny pee smell.

As you wrinkle your nose up in disgust after you pee, the thought of "Why did I eat this?" crosses your mind.