.

.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Myriad


Ever buy something knowing full well that you probably shouldn't? Perhaps there's a little voice in your head that you choose to ignore as you hand over your money for:
  • That last round of tequila shots
  • Mexican food from that iffy vendor
  • Shoes that look great but just don't fit right
  • Meat on sale

Well add to that list a convertible.

Especially in a town that gets over 5 feet of rain annually.

* * *



There's just something a little sad about seeing a piece of sod all alone on a stretch of road, slowly drying up and dying.

* * *



From the looks of it, Dean seems to be heading off into Mexico. Possibly heading into Texas. Of course, a couple years ago, that one storm seemed to be doing the same thing, until it took a right turn and headed right into New Orleans.

There's nothing like a hurricane to bring out the selfishness of this town: instead of hoping that the storm will dissipate out in the ocean and cause no harm, people here simply pray that the storm will go someplace else.

"Please God don't kill me, make the hurricane go to Texas (and kill those people instead)."

* * *



Is there anything funnier than seeing a dog do the doggy butt-scoot*? Yes, there is, and it's the look of horror, disgust, and embarrassment on your friend's face as a random dog humps his leg.

*Yes, I know the doggy butt-scoot is a sign of either parasite infestation or irritation of the doggy anal glands, but it's still a funny sight, and I'll still giggle about it as I take my dog to the vet.

* * *



My pet peeve #228:
People that speed up and drive along behind me on the highway after I pass them, using me as some kind of anti-police radar shield.

No. I don't like that.