.

.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Orgasmic


A successful trip to Whole Foods is one in which Nathalie and I emerge from that store:
  1. After spending less than an hour inside,
  2. Purchased no more than 3 additional items than what we initially planned on buying,
  3. Spent less than $40.
Unfortunately we rarely meet more than two of those criteria.

I don't know what it is about that store. It's like being in Willy Wonka's Organic Chocolate Factory. Everything is pretty. Everything is fresh and new. And everything looks frickin' delicious.

We get out of the car as sensible people on a budget, but the minute we walk through the doors we completely lose our minds. All I want to do is walk up and down each aisle and put everything I see in my basket.

Trying to quell that insatiable urge to buy everything I see by eating dinner before going to the store doesn't work either. They must be pumping some kind of manipulative gas through the ventilation system. Couple that with the visually stunning produce section and immaculate dessert displays, and that explains all the people wandering around the store dutifully loading up their carts.

Speaking of carts, thank goodness they have little baskets. No telling what kind of financial demise Nathalie and I would find ourselves in if we got a cart and loaded it up one day.