.

.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lost


Every so often, the gadget geek in me gets hyperactive and I spend hours on the internet scouring for information and reviews on the current gadget du jour. I'm conviced that I've waited long enough to buy one of these and that I definitely want one, and I want it now.

I search the internet to read people's opinions on the device, find the store that's selling it the cheapest, and spend a large amount of time making sure that I find exactly what I want. Today's distraction was the portable GPS unit for the car.

Then after a mindnumbing research session, as I'm coming to making a final decision on which item to purchase and from where, reality sets in. All of a sudden, it's like a spell has been broken and I've awoken from my hypnosis and regained my sanity. And I realize that:

1. I don't need this device.
2. We can't afford to buy this device.
3. This fruitless search has been a colossal waste of time.

Today was such a day.

So after wasting 90 minutes of my life shopping for something I didn't need in the first place, I've decided to squander some more time away by blogging. It's amazing how easily I can become distracted when deadlines are looming...