.

.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Mining


To say I never picked my nose while driving would be a lie. So I can't be too judgemental on those that do. In fact, I'd venture to say that everybody has done it at one point or another. But I'd also say that most people also do it quite discreetly.

However, yesterday I pulled up next to a truck at a light and I happened to look over to see a guy just going to town on his nose. He was totally in the zone. He pulled his finger out, examined the tip, wiped it off someplace below my line of sight, and placed it right back in his nose to get more.

This guy cracked me up. He obviously didn't care who was watching. It's not like his windows were tinted or he was speeding along alone on the highway. He was just sitting there at the light picking away.

And the most amazing thing? This guy was the passenger in the truck. I can't imagine that the driver was totaly oblivious to his buddy picking his nose. Could they have that kind of a friendship where you just pick your nose around each other? Wasn't the driver at least concerned about where his buddy was going to place whatever treasures he dug out of his nose?

It was one of those situations where you just can't look away. It was absolutely disgusting, yet fascinatingly funny. Of course, the first thing I did was to point him out to Nathalie, so we could both gawk in disgust.

Thankfully the light turned green at about the time I started to turn green, and off we went in our separate ways.