.

.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Drain


I've just spent nearly the last 60 minutes watching various Apple vs PC commercials on YouTube. YouTube alone is pretty dangerous and quite adept at sucking up tremendous amounts of time with minimal awareness. Combine that with the witty and biting Apple vs PC commercials, and I've got myself an entire afternoon of cheap entertainment at the expense of productivity (and Bill Gates).

Speaking of which, Apple's choice of actors to portray Bill Gates is hillariously right on target. A dopey, glasses wearing, geeky guy who is not tredy-geek, but still geeky-geek. It must embarrass and frustrate the hell out of Bill Gates everytime he sees this commercial.

But at the same time I wonder if these commercials inspire him to improve himself. If there were TV ads of me being portrayed as a chubby geek (which, ironically, I actually am), I'd be inspired to change my image and hit the gym and the salon. Who knows, maybe Bill Gates is working out on his Bowflex right now.