.

.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Twitch


My left eyelid has been twitching off-and-on (more "on" really) for the past two weeks. It's driving me nuts.

It's hard to focus (literally) on what you're doing when your eyelid is having a seizure. No amount of eye rubbing, blinking, praying, or cursing has done any good. I even went without contacts for a bit and it didn't do much of anything.

Interestingly, my eyelid doesn't twitch all that much when I'm operating. I guess I'm concentrating so much on the task at hand that there is no more brainpower left to perform some mundane and aggravating task like purposelessly twitching an eyelid.

The books say it's a sign that I'm tired. The obvious solution is for me to get some rest. Perhaps sleep a full 8-hours a night.

A great solution. Too bad I chose a profession where I work 12-hour days and have to study every night on top of that.

To make matters worse, I've had the theme song to the Super Mario Brothers video game stuck in my head for about the same amount of time that my eyelid's been twitching. It's only going to be a matter of time before I tear off my eyelids.