.

.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Porcelain


In a bizarre and accidental show of strength, I somehow wrenched the toilet seat lid off of our toilet. I'm not even sure what happened. Here's a play-by-play:

  • I bring my socks to the bathroom and decide to put them on in there.
  • I put my right foot on the toilet seat lid (closed at the time)...
  • I bend forward to put my sock on...
  • POW!     Lid goes flying off the toilet like a bat out of hell!
  • SLAM!        Lid crashes against bathroom wall!
  • THUD!   I lose my balance and fall to the floor
  • Sock still in my hands...
  • I lie on the floor with the wind knocked out of me.

    Thankfully, I managed not to fall into the toilet.

    So I'll be headed to Home Depot in the near future to replace that lid. Maybe even get some handicap guardrails or something.

    As far as the picture at the top of this post, I'm not exactly sure what that guy is trying to do, but it definitely isn't something I'm planning on doing to fix the toilet.