.

.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Absorptive

So the minimal eating approach to weight loss, which is what I've adopted over the past 3 weeks, works. (See May 19 post) Works so well that combined with my semi-daily exercise routine, I've lost about 8 pounds over the past 3 weeks, which is about 5 more pounds than I had originally calculated I'd lose. All by skipping breakfast and lunch, and drinking either water, coffee, tea, or some sort of diet soda instead. The hardest part is trying not to engorge myself at dinner.

There's definitely a change in the way my clothes fit. i.e. the button of my pants is no longer in any danger of popping off at a high velocity and maiming some innocent bystander.

However, as great as it is to have lost this weight, the hunger pains just drive me nuts. The first 2 weeks were the worst. All I thought about was food. And then I'd think real hard about not thinking about food. So I'd spend the entire day either thinking about food or trying not to think about food.

So you would think that after 3 weeks I'd be used to not eating. But that is far from the truth. It still sucks and I still think about food all day long. Although I will admit that the hunger pangs aren't as bad as they initially were. But either case, what I've confirmed is that I'm a foodie. So in order to maintain my sanity, I'm going to have to eat.

But I'll practice the fine art of portion control and try to eat just enough at lunch to distract my hunger pains while still keeping my daily intake of calories to a minimum. Breakfast will continue to be skipped. The rate of weight loss will slow down, but I'm just hoping to lose 10 more pounds

So I'll start eating a piece of fruit at lunch in addition to my large cup of water/tea/coffee/diet soda. We'll see how long this lasts before I cave.