.

.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Revival

After several years of faithful service, my Norelco electric razor finally bit the dust. No amount of charging and thumping appeared to do any good.

Its death came quite unexpectedly. It was working great until just yesterday, whirling away, cutting off stubble with ease. Then it suddenly showed signs of slowing, making terrible grinding noises, and then winding down to a pathetic stop within minutes.

Thankfully, I had pretty much finished shaving at that point. Since I don't keep any disposable razors around, I would have had to resort to using my wife's pink colored razor to finish the job. A razor's a razor, I guess.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the electric razor carcass. Given my engineering background, I'll probably end up taking it apart, seeing how it works, and then using its parts to build some little interesting contraption. Quite Frankenstein-ish, really.