.

.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Thankyouverymuch

Last week goes down in the books as one of my busiest weeks since becoming a doctor. I can't remember the last time I spent that much time working in the hospital. After a week like that, I definitely needed some time to decompress. So Nathalie and I took the weekend off and drove up to Memphis to tour Elvis's Graceland.

One thing that dawned on me while walking around Graceland and seeing all sorts of crazy and bizarre Elvis paraphenelia was the definite chasm that differentiates Thin Elvis from Fat Elvis. For some strange reason, nobody talks about Middle Elvis, or Slightly-Chubby Elvis, or whatever. It's as if all of a sudden, young and thin Elvis simply morphed into an older, cheesy, fat Elvis overnight.

Then I got to thinking that if nothing is done about my belly, I'm soon going to be carrying around the Fat prefix to my name as well, and my friends will be talking about what I used to be like when I was Thin Me.