.

.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pause

Being on the transplant service means that I'm on call 24/7. I have to be able to drop what I'm doing and go whenever my pager goes off. When an organ donor becomes available, pretty much all hell breaks loose as we scramble to go procure the organs and bring in a receipient patient. And there is no telling just when an organ donor will become available.

With most transplants taking anywhere between 8 to 12 hours to complete (from procurement to placement in the donor), free time is a rare thing when rotating through the transplant service. Especially given that the transplant program at my hospital is one of the busiest.

Point being, it's been a very busy several days... which is seriously eating into my blogging time. I tried to post some blog entries inbetween cases, but I've been so exhausted that either my posts don't make any sense, or I sit there and can't remember what I was going to blog about. Either way, not much has been done on this site other than some minor tweaking over the past several days.

Hopefully things will lighten up.

More blogging soon.