.

.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Baby

My sister-in-law gave birth to a little baby boy the other day. Had I thought to bring a camera, you'd be looking at a picture of him, but I forgot. So instead picture in your head a small, pink and wriggly little baby. With some hair. And that's the little guy.

Of course, everytime a baby is present anywhere near Nathalie and me, various family members begin to ask about when we're going to have one. Never mind the fact that we've been married for less than 6 months... I think the driving force behind this baby-yearning is the curiosity as to what the baby will look like. I'm quite curious myself, but not so much that I'm looking to have a baby just right this minute.

I really think I need to be broken in by having a dog first.

My stepmom used to be pretty discreet when it came to asking about our baby plans. It started off with statements like "We're always going to be available to babysit when you need us" or "We like little babys" or "You two will make great parents" or strange comments like that.

It then progressed to "Any baby plans?"

Now she just asks very bluntly, "When are you going to have a baby?"

It's kind of funny.