.

.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Shift

Here's something I just don't understand. This happened several times with different cars during my drive to Atlanta this past weekend:

I'm driving on the freeway and come up to a car, so I move over to the passing lane, but as I approach, the car then speeds up. Speeds up and just disappears down the road. So I move back on over to the right lane and continue driving.

However, the other car has slowed down and resumed his previous speed (which is slower that my speed) so I catch up to it. I again move over to the passing lane, and as I approach, the car speeds up and zooms away.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

I don't know what it is about these crazy rednecks down here. Perhaps having someone pass them on the freeway is demoralizing or demeaning in some way.