.

.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bound

I can't remember the last time I read a book. Not counting the time I listened to "The Da Vinci Code" on tape as I drove back from Atlanta, it must have been sometime around 2002. Maybe earlier.

I know the statement above makes me sound like some kind of a degenerate. What I meant was reading a book for leisure. I'm constantly reading textbooks and professional journals in addition to a smattering of magazines and newspapers, but none of them have been actual bound books read cover to cover for "fun". With the limited amount of time in the day, pleasure reading has unfortunately been demoted far down the To Do list.

So with my recent discovery of "Endurance" by Alfred Lansing, I may just have to reset my No Book Read counter. I haven't been this involved in a leisure book since, well, 2002.

When I was younger, I read books like the pages were laced with crack. I just couldn't get enough. Hard to believe I went from reading an average of a book a week in college to a book every time the winter Olympics are happening.