.

.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Afterwards

I came home yesterday to find a very giddy Nathalie and a house that smelled distinctly like a bakery. She ushered me into the kitchen where I found a tall 2 layer chocolate cake that she had baked for our Valentine's Day celebration, complete with lots and lots of frosting. Just the way I like it.

The cake was magazine perfect and beautiful, and most importantly, it tasted fanstastic! No wonder she was so excited to show it to me. I'd be proud of that cake, too.

For our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, it was pretty low key. We didn't plan to go to a fancy restaurant, no lavish gifts, no big ordeal, because all that we really wanted was to just spend some time with each other. And given our busy schedules, that's a great luxury in itself.

We ate ourselves silly with my home-cooked ribeye, potatoes, and peas. And of course, that fine chocolate cake. Then we lounged around on the couch, satieted and content with each other, enjoying the simple pleasures of being in love.