.

.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Maui

I looked at my subpoena and felt the bottom of my stomach drop. Then I thought about how much money I had already spent on the upcoming honeymoon/vacation to Maui and I felt like I was about to faint.

Just goes to prove once again that you should always go with your gut. When faced with the option of paying $100 for the trip cancellation insurance, I initially wanted to get it, considering it was only a small fraction of the total cost of the package. But then I thought there would be no way in hell that I wouldn't be able to go. I never get sick, my vacation time is set in stone, hell, I'm not even registered to vote anymore, so there's no chance my name would show up for jury duty.

But never did I expect to get called to court with a court ordered subpoena. Who would think something like that would ever happen? Especially to a random blowjoe like me. I couldn't have been more surprised if I walked outside to see a troupe of dancing frogs washing my car.

Lying to the Louisiana State Attorney General's office is probably not a good idea. So I decided to tell them the truth, that I would be out of the states during the court dates, and see if that would be good enough to get out of my court subpoena and go on my honeymoon.

Surprisingly enough, the person I spoke to at the Attorney General's office was a bit annoyed that I wouldn't be around, but granted me a leave from my court appearance.

So come Monday, Nathalie and I are boarding a flight to Maui.

See you in 10 days.