.

.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lottery

In an amazing turn of events, I have amassed a small collection of winning Diet Coke bottle caps, each promising me a 1 liter bottle of any Coke product if:

1. I can find a store that actually sells 1 liter bottles of Coke product,
2. I can find a store that will take the bottle cap as payment for the said bottle.

Had Hurricane Katrina and Rita not wiped out 60% of the businesses in New Orleans, meeting the above two criteria would have been possible. Exchanging a coupon is one thing, but trying to barter with a plastic bottlecap just got me looks of disgust.

So after a fruitless waste of time trying to find a convenience store that would honor my winning Diet Coke bottle caps, I wrote to the consumer relations person at the Diet Coke headquarters and told them that their "1 in 12 wins free Diet Coke" promotion was stupid since nobody gives out 1 liter bottles.

A couple weeks later, I got a bunch of coupons in the mail for free 2 liter bottles of Coke product.

Just goes to show, the squeaky wheel occasionally gets the grease. And, if you've got a bunch of bottle caps, write to the Diet Coke people for some actual usable coupons.