.

.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wedding Story, pt 2

But first things first, I wasn't about to get married on an empty stomach. Markhl and I have been running around since the crack of dawn and I could hear our stomachs complaining. Not only that, a quarter of the wedding party were back at my house waiting for the pizza that I had promised to bring for lunch.

We were running a bit late, but we needed food. I called in an order and took the detour to a local pizza joint. And just a half a mile away from the place, we got stuck by a train.

I remained calm, but I could feel the anxiety level rising.

...

Waiting for the train to pass was agonizing.

...

I sat there helplessly, watching the stupid train pass by.

...

And I watched as precious minute after minute passed by.

...

Finally the railroad crossing gates lifted and we sped off towards the pizza joint, picked up the pizzas, threw them in the car, and on the way back home, we got stopped by another train.

What?! How could two trains be on the same track within a 15 minute period?! I slumped down in my seat, threw my arms up in the air, and looked helplessly at Markhl. He stared back. That was about all we could do.

And we waited. Again.

When we did finally make it back to my place, I ate, showered, and got dressed in record time. All I had to do was put on my bowtie in the next 30 minutes and get to the wedding.

I grabbed the instructions I downloaded from the internet and got in front of mirror with my bowtie.