.

.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunburn

Saturday was spent at the Blue Bayou Waterpark in Baton Rouge. Nathalie and I gathered up some friends and headed out for a day of fun in the sun. We spent nine and a half hours at this combination water park and theme park, successfully riding every death-defying water-slide in the park at least 5 times. We floated along on the Lazy River ride intermittently to catch our breath and decrease the anxiety level after some of the more heart stopping water-slides.

We closed down the park by riding on every roller coaster they had to offer. By the time we were walking out of the park, my brain had turned to mush and none of my internal organs were in their proper positions.

And despite judicious use of sunscreen, we got sunburnt.
And despite judicious intake of water, we got dehydrated.

They offered us a free pass to come back the next day. I laughed, because the park had broken me, and there was no way I was coming back.

...At least until next summer.