.

.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Baby

My friend Kathy gave birth to a baby boy the other day. Getting an email from her announcing this news came as kind of a surprise since I had completely forgotten that she had become pregnant earlier this year. (9 months ago, actually.) My lapse in memory was further compounded by the fact that I haven't seen her in over 14 months.

She also emailed some pictures, each showing the baby in one cute pose after another, doing various random baby things.

I'm sure once my dad finds news of this, he'll get the grandkid itch again, and we'll have one of those phone conversations:

My Dad: And how's work going?

Me: Fine. [Yadda yadda yadda]

My Dad: Good to hear that. [Yadda yadda yadda]

Me: [Blah blah blah]

My Dad: [Blah blah blah]

Me: Alright dad, good talking to you.

My Dad: OK, son. By the way, your stepmom and I want to let you know that we're ready for grandkids.

Me: [pause] Uh... OK dad. Bye.