.

.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Barcode

"There's only five items..."

The girl working the customer service counter said in a tone of puzzlement, disbelief, and caution, as if she was about to be the butt of the joke on some hidden camera show. She kept poking at the inventory gun trying to produce some more items from our registry.

"Uh... yeah." I looked over at Nathalie and shrugged. Nathalie giggled. "We can always come back and add more stuff, right?"

Isn't this the darnest thing. We spent almost 2 hours wandering around Linens and Things, and came up with just five measly things to add to our registry. Nathalie and I actually got bored trying to find things we want people to buy for us.

I can't believe it myself.

I think it's because despite our best efforts, we couldn't find the box with the barcode that said "Money for a Used Car".