.

.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Blog

My many past efforts to read the Bible ultimately resulted in abandonment. So when our pastor came up with a summer reading program of sorts that would involve the entire congregation reading the New Testament by mid-August, I predicted failure on my part.

Mainly, my problem is that the Bible doesn't read like a good novel. This 1700 year old book doesn't read like a Tom Clancy novel. There's minimal character development, no sense of time lines, and a paucity of smooth transitions between scenes resulting in a disjointed sense of continuity to the whole thing.

However, I'm giving it the old college try, and finding out that it doesn't seem so difficult this time around. Mainly, it's because I'm reading the Bible as if it was Jesus's blog. Instead of looking for some connection or continuity between each of the chapters in the various books of the Bible, I'm simply reading each chapter as if it were a separate blog entry.

Now, everything makes sense (in a way). I'm not looking for the Bible to tell me one congruent story, but getting a sense of the whole story by reading various blog entries.

So there you have it, proof that God is indeed omnipresent, for he was blogging 1700 years ago.