.

.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Shorties

My mind's been in a rut lately, and despite many interesting events going on around me, and despite my enthusiasm and enjoyment of these activities, I find that by the end of the day my brain has lost all ability to assimilate and summarize those events. Thus the paucity of entries during the past several days.

...Nathalie and I are in the midst of wedding plans. Most of the major planning is complete, but it's the details that will bog us down. Planning for this event isn't as stressful as people claim. Perhaps because we are going to keep it very, very small...

...The hospital where I'm currently in training has launched a bariatric surgery service with much hooplah and subsequent success. Being that Louisiana proudly sits on the top of the list of unhealthy and overweight states, my hospital had no trouble finding morbidly obese people willing to undergo this procedure...

...Jazzfest got rained on early Saturday, and with the ongoing monsoon, Nathalie and I opted out. Instead we slept in until 1pm and then spent the rest of the afternoon twiddling around, making wedding plans, and then watching a movie (two, actually). It's easy to sleep in with the sound of rain against the windows...

...Sunday was spent just lounging around at Jazzfest, listening to random bands, and enjoying a large assortment of foods specific to New Orleans and the surrounding area. Most surprising was how tired I was at the end of the day, despite the fact that all I did was sit in the sun. Also noteworthy was a band I never heard of, "North Mississippi Allstars Hill Country Revue," which rocked. Best southern blues/rock/jam I've heard in a long time. Or maybe I was just drunk...

...After a filling dinner of barbequed chicken, Nathalie and I took a slow stroll through our tree lined neighborhood, taking in the fresh cool evening air, and saying "hello" to all the little animals that darted back and forth around us. Driving through a neighborhood, you miss a lot of the details. Details that we were able to appreciate during our walk...

...Nathalie, while peeking in one of the pockets of my white coat, found a highlighter. It amused her to no end that it was pink...