.

.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Focus

I spent several hours yesterday walking around blind because the optometrist had dilated my eyes. There's not a lot you can do when everything looks blurry, so I spent that time making homemade ice cream.

The good news is that my vision hadn't changed any. More amazing was finding out that my eyes are healthy with no apparent damage... despite failing to clean my contact lenses with any regularity. In the three years between the visits to the optometrist, I have probably cleaned my contact lenses about once a month (at most.) That info is enough to make any legitimate optometrist cringe. Mine sure did.

I did promise to make more of an effort to clean my lenses more often, but there's not much of an incentive now that the fears of irreparable damage have been nearly dissipated.