.

.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Sedentary

Never having a day off will drive people crazy. What was it that Jack Nicholson's character typed repeated in The Shining? "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy?"

Yesterday, during my first day off in a million days, I overdid the sleep thing and slept way too much. Most of the day was spent with a semi-headache/sleepy state associated with getting too much sleep. However, I did accomplish a few things:

+ Introduced Nathalie to the joys of Nutella.

+ Then took her to try Mediterranian food at Mona's Cafe. She showed some interest in my gyro plate, but wasn't too partial to the Tahini sauce. There was no problem with the kabobs, though.

+ Strolled through Whole Foods, wandering aimlessly through the aisles, looking at all their organically grown and beautifully presented edibles that appeared to justify their outrageous prices.

+ Took Steve's 350Z out on a joy ride. At one point I couldn't figure out how to get that damn thing in "reverse" and thought I was going to be stuck out in Metaire.

+ Contemplated going to WalMart, but the thought of spending any of my free time in that 9th circle of hell quickly disappeared as I turned over in bed, pulled the covers up, and prepared myself for another nap.