.

.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Indiscriminate

Unfortunately, the quality of food at Taqueria Corona seems to be on the decline. I remember the food to be fresh, delicious, and inexpensive. Lately, the food is mainly fresh, with so-so taste and an increase in price that fails to be justified by the flavor of the food or the atmosphere.

I had a hankering for fish tacos, and Nathalie was in the mood for chips and dip, so to Taqueria we went. We seated ourselves in the restaurant, I ordered my fish tacos, and she ordered the Numero Uno, which consists of a chicken burrito, a chicken soft taco, and a beef flauta, with the usual rice and beans sides.

When her dish arrived at the table, I was dismayed to find that my suspicions on tex-mex food was true: it's all the same thing, wrapped in different configurations. The taco was chicken and cheese folded in half, the burrito was chicken and cheese folded like a burrito should be, and the flauta was beef and cheese rolled up and fried.

Per Nathalie, the monotonous chicken/cheese wraps were average, my fish tacos were not what they used to be, and the overall experience made the bill unjustifiable. Sadly, I think yesterday was my last trip to Taqueria.