.

.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Encore

We quickly found two seats and sat down.  Instinctively, we both slouched down on the theater seats to make our faces less visible.  After peering around the theater, Nathalie and I looked at each other with devious grins, mischief twinkling in our eyes.  The seats were filling up fast; this was opening weekend for this movie.  At any moment, a theater employee was going to come up to us and demand to see our tickets... which we didn't have.  All the theater lights seemed to be shining directly on us.  I could hear Nathalie's pounding heart from my seat.
 
"See, I'm cool," she said, looking mighty suspicious.
 
"I never said you weren't, babe."  I replied, looking equally suspicious.
 
I looked at my partner in crime and grinned like a fool.  A new era of delinquency had just begun.