.

.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Cumulous

I've stopped following the weather a long time ago. When the majority of your waking hours are spent inside a building, it really doesn't matter what is going on outside. This apathy towards the weather is further augmented by my lack of landscaping or exterior maintenance responsibilities. Besides, New Orleans tends to have a predictable summer forecast of sporadic rain storms on a near daily basis, peppered with occasional, boisterous thunderstorms. Occasionally a hurricane or two will emerge, which tends to freak everybody out, but otherwise most summer days are hot and sunny with brief afternoon rainstorms that mostly kick up dust and do little to alleviate the humidity.

I bring this up because there's a steady rainstorm outside and I'm wondering why I spent 45 minutes washing my car yesterday.