.

.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Hydration

Nothing beats a good steak. However, living in New Orleans makes it difficult to enjoy outdoor grilling because spontaneous mid-afternoon and evening downpours are frequent, the heat and humidity is oppressive, and the sheer number of biting insects are mind numbing. The only other option is to either go to a restaurant, or cook indoors. I chose option number two, because as we all know, steak houses are pricey and I'm not a millionaire.

There are some difficulties associated with grilling indoors, the most obvious one being that bringing a grill indoors will most likely end up with a phonecall to the fire department. Sure, you can use a cast iron skillet and make some amazing steaks, but sometimes I want grill marks on my meat. So I bought a cast iron stove top griddle/grill combo. I have to say that it was worth every dollar. Nothing is more satisfying than hearing the searing sizzle of meat hitting a hot pan.